Friday, October 8, 2010

Optical Illusions


If I could just convince my mind that those wheels above are not spinning. They are not moving at all - I know that. Stop spinning!!!




The lines are all parallel I'm telling ya! Parallel!



What do you mean this isn't a spiral? Of course it's a spiral. No way it's a collection of concentric circles. Nope, not believing it at all. Why, if you trace the line, you'll see it's ... dammit!




OK, count the black dots you see. Huh! Piece of cake. One... two... three... wait! Hey now! Stop it!




This one just isn't right. I mean, I know it's not spinning. Of course it's not spinning. Nope, not spinning. STOP SPINNING!!!




Gaaa!!! Everything, just stay still! That does it! I'm looking for illusions that won't move.




Finally, something that isn't moving! Now if I could just focus on it, I'd see it's just two loops that are closed. How hard can it be to focus?

Well now, that was fun, wasn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: