Saturday, May 28, 2011

La Bohème - Giacomo Puccini

This is something I had been meaning to do for a while. I started a separate blog for a more full exploration of this grandest form of theater so it wouldn't take up too much space on my Random Thoughts Blog. I realize that Opera is not for everyone, but if you feel inclined or just might be a bit curious to take a peek at a full Opera, read on and visit my Random Musings About Opera blog. It's not a stuffy pretentious look, but a more mainstream introduction to one of my favorite art forms.

La Bohème - Giacomo Puccini La Bohème, French for The Bohemian Woman, is an adaptation of a French Novel Scènes de la Vie de Bohème (Scenes of Behemian Life) written by Henri Murger. The Opera was composed by Giacomo Puccini with the libretto written by Luigi Illica and Giuseppe Giacosa. La Bohème premiered on February 1, 1896. It is a Opera in four acts, each a different scene and setting in the lives of six bohemians living in Paris around 1830. The cast is as follows … Read More

via Random Musings About Opera

No comments: